The property sheet for an identity or a credential can be invoked
using the Credentials display context
menu or by double-clicking the identity or credential.
Properties for an identity
Figure 1: Property sheet for an identity
When the property sheet for an identity is invoked, you will be
presented with an interface similar to Figure
- Identity name
- This is the display name for the identity
- Identity options
- Several options for the selected identity. You can use the
checkboxes to view and also modify the state of some the
options. Any changes you make will not become effective until
you select the Ok button or
the Apply button.
- Properties for the identity
- Below the identity options is a list of properties for the
selected identity. These are properties reported by the identity
and credentials providers.
- Identity configuration button
- You can click this button to invoke
the Identity configuration panel
for this identity.
- Property page buttons
- These buttons control the property sheet.
- The Ok button applies any changes
you have made in the property sheet and closes it.
- Applies the changes you have made without exiting the
- Closes the property sheet without applying any of the
changes. If you have made any changes to the identity
options, they will be lost.
Properties for a credential
Figure 2: Kerberos v5 property sheet for a credential
When the property sheet is invoked for a credential, typically
you will be presented with several property pages as can be seen
in Figure 2. In addition to the
credentials type specific property page (Kerberos v5, in this
case), there will be a credential property list
(the Credential tab,
and Figure 3 below) and a property page
for the identity.
Figure 3: Property list for a credential
The property list page is present for all credentials and lists
all the properties that were provided by
the Credentials provider for a
The Identity property page for a
credential is identical to the identity property page
(Figure 1) and lists the properties for the
identity associated with a credential.